Join us for our evening class every Wednesday to unwind, be creative, and learn new skills.
Have a go at creating your own ceramic pieces
The class has started again for the autumn term and is proving more popular than ever.
We have some new members working on their first piece as well as many regular students who are working on increasingly ambitious projects.
You can make anything you want; anything is possible so bring all your ideas and plans with you and make something amazing!
Place: Banwell Pottery
Cost: Sessions £12
What does the evening class involve?
- Designing – Researching, collecting, and planning ideas.
- Building – Bringing the idea to life by experimenting with techniques and materials.
- Techniques – Slab work, coil work, hand building, modelling, sculpture, relief work, and tile making. Throwing is limited but available.
- First firing – Once your happy with your dried clay piece it then goes through a first firing in our electric kiln.
- Glaze work – After firing you can paint your piece with glazes of your choice.
- Finished piece – Your finished ceramic item is then ready to take home.
Don’t be put off if you’re new to pottery. Many people who attend had no experience when they started so we definitely cater for beginners. We also run a drop-in style system so you only pay for the sessions you attend.
If you have any questions you can call Martin at the pottery on 01934 756481, or check out our Facebook page.